12 random things about me
– I got my first camera at 12, and built my first darkroom (you know, a traditional one, with chemicals, paper and red bulbs) at 29.
– I’m passionate about the environment and about this beautiful little planet we all live on.
– One of my favorite things in the world is my oak tree in Apulia, where I was born. It’s old/young as me.
– I worked on movie sets for 10 years.
– I used to play and sing in a Neil Young/Pearl Jam cover band.
– I’m a bit of a nerd (my girlfriend says the “bit” part is underestimated).
– I’m a huge Star Wars fan. (see above)
– Of all the places I’ve lived, Siena (Tuscany) has a special place in my heart.
– I love cooking (and eating).
– I’m an optmist and I try to enjoy every season. It took me a while to get it.
– The first time I saw the Grand Canyon, I was so shocked I spent 45 minutes sitting in the same spot, hypnotized by it. I have the most boring 45 minutes of video to prove it.
– My favorite quote about photography is by Henri Cartier-Bresson: “You just have to live, and life will give you pictures”.